Due to the Tampa Bay Lightning making the Stanley Cup Finals, a scheduling conflict has arisen with the Garth Brooks World Tour, leading to the cancellation of all shows in Tampa. Hopefully they will be able to re-schedule in the near future! Below is the press release on the matter:
On behalf of The Garth Brooks World Tour with Trisha Yearwood it is with deep regret that we must cancel the Tampa shows due to unexpected scheduling by the NHL and NBC on June 6 for the 2015 Stanley Cup Final. We had hoped to be able to reach an acceptable solution in the best interest of all involved but due to safety considerations it is just not possible.
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood’s statement:
“First of all, we would all like to congratulate the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Chicago Blackhawks for reaching the Stanley Cup Finals. As we now know, Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals is being played on Saturday, June 6th. All parties looked into moving Saturday’s two Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood shows to Sunday. The issue of getting the network crews and their gear out of the building and getting our crews and gear into the building late Saturday/early Sunday for two shows on Sunday raises serious safety concerns. It is because of those safety concerns that the choice is being made to refund all shows and reschedule depending on finding a date that works for both the arena and the tour.
“This was a hard decision for everyone. We would like to thank Elmer Straub at Amalie Arena and Tod Leiweke with the Tampa Bay Lightning for working around the clock for the last 48 hours to find a remedy for the situation. We personally know Gary Bettman and are very familiar with the League and its players, coaches, and staff…they are all stand-up people. We are convinced everything that could have been done was done to try to remedy the situation. Congrats again to the City of Tampa, good luck, and we will be watching the series!!!”
Tickets: Please be advised of the following refund procedures for the events scheduled for June 5-6, 2015:
Customers Who Purchased Through Ticketmaster:
• Online purchases will automatically be refunded.
• Phone purchases will automatically be refunded.
• Outlet purchases will need to return to the point of purchase beginning Monday in order to receive refunds.
Customers Who Purchased Through the McDonald’s Ticket Office at Amalie Arena or Amalie Arena Sales Office:
• Tickets will need to be refunded through the point of purchase.
• Sales office customers are encouraged to contact their sales reps to request the refund.
• Refunds will be available at the Ticket Office during normal business hours. Ticket Office Hours can be found at AmalieArena.com.
Customers who purchased Through Third Parties:
• Will need to contact their point of purchase for refunds. These cannot be refunded through the Box Office or Ticketmaster.